Saturday, January 29, 2011

MLK Jr.'s Ebony column

In my continuing quest to find the worst in everybody I decided to dive into Martin Luther King Jr.'s two year long column in Ebony magazine. The column was called Advice for Living and it is fucking dreadful. It is a lot of God-blather and florid nonsense. I suggest everyone read it here. The Martin Luther King Jr. Papers Project has all the information you could want. MLK can write about race relations but anything else of a personal nature and he's about as good as any other revoltingly pious person. He condemns Rock & Roll and gambling. He says a women's primary obligation is birth. He makes a lot of upright noises about marital fidelity while fucking everyone but his wife. Just awful stuff. I'm glad I found it! Remember people: There are no heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment