Thursday, February 17, 2011

A National Hero, Shamed (?)

Like everyone else I was appalled that widely renown journalist, Nir Rosen, seemed happy Lara Logan was sexually assaulted. I get all my news from peoples tweets and consider it the richest source of journalism extant today. I also consider it a record of peoples immutable feelings and not in any way different than a published piece. I certainly don't consider tweets impulsive in any manner. I think the general tweet is pored over relentlessly before it's entered for all to see. I think this because the grammar and spelling is usually flawless. And if I'm wrong may the lord damn my eyes.

Also, like everyone, I was astonished that someone so well-respected and widely-read could write something so heinous. Then, of course, I realized that I have no fucking idea who Nir Rosen is. I'm pretty sure his rape-celebration IS his most widely-read piece. So, the guy is not exactly Bob Woodward. This appears to be the first time the majority of people have ever heard of him. I'm not exactly sure why he is inducing such strong feelings in people. It's not like he betrayed our trust. Nobody knows who he is! It's not that much different than if my old American Government professor from Wayne State College tweeted "Take that, Logan!"

But, that being said, me and my colleagues on the movie Jack's Living Dead Girl are huge supporters of the revenge-killing of rapists. That's why we made a movie about it. So watch it, and forget about Nir Rosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment