Monday, February 7, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow?

A while ago I encountered a bizarre and petulant article written in 1999 by Michelle Goldberg in which she shits all over Gwyneth Paltrow for being pretty and successful. Apparently this cattiness among writers has been simmering in the general populace and is now boiling over because I have encountered two more articles informing me that the world as whole, spends most of it's time thinking hate-filled thoughts about Gwyneth Paltrow. (Here and here). I find it hard to believe that so many people hate Gwyneth Paltrow. I find it hard to believe people have intense feelings about her one way or the other. As reasons why people hate Gwyneth Paltrow, Buzzfeed lists "7 pretentious quotes." The odds of the general populous having encountered any one of those quotes is slim. It seems much more likely that anyone who does hate Gwyneth Paltrow hates her because so many fat and ugly writers write about how much they hate her. If somebody even knows enough about Gwyneth Paltrow to hate her, I hate them. Who are these people wasting their life researching Gwyneth Paltrow? And forming opinions about her as a person? Am I the only one who watched Shallow Hal, laughed, and moved on? People don't hate Gwyneth Paltrow. Bratty journalists might  hate Gwyneth Paltrow. I don't think she has ever even come up in a conversation I've had. If your conversations include strong feelings about someone as innocuous as Gwyneth Paltrow, you have a deep hole in your life that is being filled with horseshit. As a general rule, people who spend there free time caring about what celebrities do are empty and pathetic people and their opinions don't matter to any right-thinking person. If you meet somebody who says "I fucking hate Rene Russo" you should never speak to that person again. This person cares much too deeply about things that don't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment